Today starts the Prep Week for Justice Week.
Starting at 11 today until 3pm, we will be having our first Tabling Event in front of Barnes and Noble, promoting Justice Week and Stand For Freedom. If you would like to sign-up for either Stand For Freedom or the Freedom Frisbee Tournament, you can do so at our table!!! If you can’t make it today, we will be having a second Tabling event at 12pm-2pm TOMORROW on HUC Concourse A.
If you are creative or like painting, come out to our Justice Week workdays starting tomorrow afternoon at 3pm-5pm and Friday from 1-5pm in HUC 410, the Workroom!!
If you need an overview of our events Monday-Wednesday, feel free to go to our Justice Week page.
Stand For Freedom Sign-up Extended to Wednesday, April 17th at 12 noon. Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UGMYr9YWONoTbizv808S2ZqCD3LsSJSt_Y6DyucgTrI/viewform
Freedom Frisbee Tournament Sign-Up Extended to Monday, April 15th at 12 noon. Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DnPu-fhyx-sOy03u3t2rBfVhXk6DU0G2vv_xB3rlmak/viewform
If you can’t attend any of the events during Justice Week, you can always donate to our FreedomMaker campaign, which means all the money raised will go toward International Justice Mission. Link: https://www.ijmfreedommaker.org/campaign/1393/IJM–UAB-is-Standing-for-Freedom/
Also, the Deadline for Leaders Team Applications has been extended to Monday, April 22nd at noon. Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eUL9Qz-1O66ZRIaIoqmyN8eCuoaMUBGhAlQU3ZdVbLs/viewform
Have an amazing Wednesday!!!
Justice Week is two weeks away!
As you can see, we have made a few time and location changes but we are still hoping that you come out to our events all week long!!! But next week, we will be preparing for the week, starting on Wednesday, April 10th!!
On Wednesday, April 10th at 11am-3pm in the front of Barnes & Noble and Thursday, April 11th at HUC Concourse A , we will be tabling at the HUC, spreading the word on Justice Week and on Stand for Freedom! Join us and stop by to say hello!!!
On Thursday, April 10th at 3-5pm and Friday, April 11th at 1-5pm, we will be working on materials for Justice Week in the HUC Workroom! So if you are artistic or just want to help, please stop by!!!
Also, we have a new event on Monday, April 15th at 7pm on the Green, called the Freedom Frisbee Tournament! Go to the Justice Week page for the sign-up link!! There is a $5 registration fee! All proceeds will go to International Justice Mission!
Finally, the leadership team applications were released earlier this week!! So go to the Awareness, Advocacy, and Volunteering page for the applications. All applications are due on April 19th at 5pm.
Thanks!! If you would know what’s going on with our organization and our blog, please click follow at the bottom of the page and you will receive email updates!
The Leaders Team Applications are now out! To apply, please click this link!!
Also, please note the change in venue for Stand For Freedom. It will be now at the HUC Concourse! For more updates, please come to our general meeting on Wednesday at 7:30pm in HHB 102!!
Hope everyone has had an amazing first week back from spring break!! The blog is now updated with more educational information, prayer requests, and of course, information on Justice Week and Stand For Freedom.
As you could tell from this past Monday, we have begun to start promoting Justice Week, which starts in a few weeks!! But we need your help in promoting and in making our campus realize that human trafficking is a very serious issue that requires our attention..
Here’s what you can do.
1. Go to the Justice Week and Stand For Freedom page & see what we’ll be up to during those weeks.
2. Invite your friends to the blog and to the Facebook events for both events.
3. Register to stand with us at ijm.org/stand, we are still at 14 students signed up!!
4. Sign-up for a shift to Stand for Freedom on April 18th-19th.
5. Sign-up for a shift for our Campus Outreach Day on April 15th, where you will be talking to students about trafficking and our organization! Link to the form is on Justice Week’s page.
6. PLEASE come to our general meeting on Wednesday at 7:30pm in HHB 102!
There’s many ways to help us! Even if you do one, thank you!
Also, the link for the leaders team application will go out via mail, this blog, our Facebook, and our Twitter on Monday at 8am and will remain open until April 19th at 5pm.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Are you ready to end injustice on our campus?! We have two big events coming up in April, Justice Week and Stand for Freedom!!! But we need your help to make both events very successful. So go to the Justice Week 2013 & Stand For Freedom pages for more information!!!
Justice Week 2013: April 15th-19th, 2013
Stand for Freedom: April 18th-19th, 2013
But if you would like to get involved in promoting Justice Week and getting everything together for it,
(1) Come to the general meeting on Wednesday, April 3rd at 7:30pm-9pm in HHB 102. Also at this meeting, besides the talk of Justice Week and Stand For Freedom, we will discuss the leaders team application, which will be sent out next week.
(2) On Wednesday, April 10th and Thursday, April 11th, we will be holding Campus Outreach Days on campus in front of the Barnes and Noble Bookstore on Wednesday from 11am-3pm and at HUC Concourse A on Thursday from 12pm-2pm. During both days, we will selling baked goods with information on Justice Week attached to anyone walking by and also get people to sign up for Stand For Freedom.
(3) On Thursday, April 11th at 3pm-5pm and Friday, April 12th at 1-5pm in HUC Workroom, we will be holding workdays, where we will be making signs for Stand For Freedom and getting together anything else we will need for the week.
Stay tuned to both event pages on this blog and on Facebook for updates!!!
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to all who have come out to our meetings over the last few months! We are a little over a month away from both Justice Week and Stand For Freedom.
But if I were you, look out on March 25th for updates, including how to get involved, the events for Monday through Wednesday, at http://www.ijmatuab.wordpress.com/justiceweek and http://www.ijmatuab.wordpress.com/standforfreedom.
Our next general meeting will be Wednesday, April 3rd at 7:30pm in HHB 102.
Have a relaxing Spring Break!!
We are more than one month away from Standing for Freedom on April 18th and 19th!! Please register to stand us at http://www.ijm.org/stand.